Carvin and Frank Gambale have worked together for many years, and have now introduced their latest collaboration: the Frank Gambale FG1 semi-hollow carved top guitar. Frank worked closely with the Custom Shop to design a guitar that met his personal requirements, but would still be a pleasure for anyone to play. The FG1 takes many of the features found on the popular SH645, and incorporates Frank’s personal touches. Among the new features of the FG1 are a new neck profile and minimal neck heel designed to meet Frank’s personal specifications, and a new signature neck pickup, the FG22N.
The FG1 comes standard with a AAAA flamed maple top, mahogany neck and body, and ebony fingerboard with abalone dot inlays. The neck profile is custom sculpted to meet Frank’s specifications, and is designed for comfortable playability, regardless of your musical style. Vintage-sized frets are standard. Like all Carvin guitars, there are a multitude of Custom Shop options are available, including exotic top woods, finishes, fingerboards, inlays and much more.
A MIDI synth model, the FG1S, will be availablesoon. The FG1S combines the features of the FG1, and includes the acclaimed Graph Tech MIDI synth access electronics as found on Carvin’s NS1, SH575 and other synth guitars.
Frank says, “The lead tone from the FG1 is so fat, round and warm – it’s crazy beautiful! Carvin built me the guitar I’ve always dreamed of…I LOVE this guitar.”
– set neck
– 25″ scale length
– mahogany body with 20mm AAAA solid flamed maple carved top
– mahogany neck with flamed maple headstock overlay w/ gold logo
– ebony fingerboard, 12″ radius
– abalone dot inlays
– 1.69″ wide a nut, 2.23″ wide a 22nd fret
– chrome hardware
– tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece
– Sperzel locking tuners
– 22 Vintage size frets, .080 wide X .043 tall
– C22B bridge pickup, FG22N neck pickup
– two volume controls, two tone/coil splitter controls, 3-way pickup selector
– 7.5 lbs